Living in the Country

Notes about living in rural USA now and before!

Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Moe gave me a church bell for Christmas. An actual bell from an actual church steeple!! So I can call the children in from the fields! How SUPER-DUPER!
Christmas Eve, with everyone here for dinner, the toilet in the (full) bathroom keeled over and went thru the rotten floor! OMG!! Sewer was totally plugged so the guys had to dig up the line and run snakes and hammer etc. What a royal MESS!!
Thank God both Moe & Neal were here to help (I made them just LEAVE IT) until Christmas was over. I now have a bathtub with a commode sitting in it; a hole where the floor should be, and a BIG STINKY.
UGH< UGH... I just LOVE this house! UGH!
I am hysterical!! Every box I open I discover some more damages. I hate this.
I think every piece of my furniture now has some big whack or scrape or dent! The sofa Amber got me was waaaaaaaaaay too big so now I need to find some sort of love seat for the living room.
I still do not have long distance service on my phone. We had to join a "farm co-op" called Eastex Phone Cooperative.. to get phone service at all and now they are "searching for a long-distance provider" This is hillbilly heaven!
I finally found a lady to cut my hair today. What a gem! I told her just what I wanted and she did it perfectly. Loretta Mott .... isn't that a PERFECT name for a hairdresser! Straight out of "Fried Green Tomatoes".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home